Friday, December 30, 2011

Lesson No. 1 - Learn to operate the damn shower

This morning's to do list included a few things. Amongst them was a short run through Greenwich Village to Greenwich Park to view the region I will now be living in. More on that later.

Returning to the Adagio flat it was shower time. Now, I've used some "non-intution" showers in the past however the shower in our flat just makes no sense whatsoever. The temperature control is on 2 different knobs, the strength of the flow is on 1 and the on/off of 'water-to-showerhead' is on the other. Needless to say I got a good spray of cold AND hot. I will persevere and try again tomorrow morning.

Also, I will need a different shampoo. My super-fine hair looks like an oil slick hit it. And felt like it too.


Thus far I've located the Boots, Tesco-express, Gourmet Burger hut, Starbucks, Marks & Spencer Express and the shoe store. I may already have a gorgeous pair picked out.


Today's outing included a day trip to Gordon Hill in the London Borough of Enfield for an afternoon of drinks with another games employee, his wife and his son, as well as a few other folks. The trip included a few tube changes and a local train as well as the Overground on the way home. The trains may take you nearly everywhere but it sure takes a hell of a time.


It's past midnight here and time for me to crawl into my giant king-sized bed.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment