Sunday, January 8, 2012

Getting 'lost' in London

Saturday morning was absolutely brutal. First 'Friday Night Drinks' kicked my arse, big time.
Luckily some fresh air, bowl of chips and a ginger ale were a good cure and got me back in shape.

I met a good friend from Vancouver and was treated to a curry dinner in Brick Lane. I will have to go back when the stalls are open. The neighbourhood and people remind me of Thailand with every neighbouring stall being run by a 'brother' or 'cousin'. Everything is 20% off, etc etc. A good vindaloo was had with a chicken korma, happy stomachs all around!

With a lovely night ours to use we did some wandering through London, tagged onto a bit of a 'Jack the Ripper' walk and then found a gold mine: Leadenhall Market. It was completely empty on a Saturday evening as it's tucked in a financial/banking district.


The things you find when you wander but are not lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment